Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Plague Journal #11

Bernie Sanders dropped out of the race today. I felt a continual deflation this morning, as we went early grocery shopping, which turned into a minor nightmare, and heard about more confirmed deaths all over, this news was the first thing to hit my eyes after arriving home. Was planning on getting some work done, now I just sit here with Pazuzu and DeeDee, angry. A simmering anger with nothing real behind it. Bernie's chances were already slim, so it's not really a surprise. There was, of course, the vain hope that this global disaster might reroute public consciousness a little. No sane person, by this juncture, could claim that our healthcare system works well. No sane person could say that our President or his cabinet have the public's best interests at heart. No sane (or good) person could still stand behind that idiot. 

Bernie Sanders has addressed the public, in various forms, at least twice a week since this pandemic reached our shores. I couldn't count on one hand how many times we've heard from Joe Biden. I don't understand his supporters. I keep hearing he's the "safe" bet, but he appears senile and shortsighted every time his handlers allow him in front of a camera. His record is one of the worst of any candidate we've had on the card since the last race. He blatantly lied a number of times at the last debate. And now he has accrued more accusations of sexual assault... and this guy is the safe bet? With all this ammo for the opposition? Are we on the same world?

I know Trump supporters. Half my family is solidly in that camp. I give benefit of doubt where I can. Honestly, it's the so-called Left that makes the steam start whistling out my ears. But, at this moment in time, I can't help but feel that any American who doesn't support healthcare as a human right, education as a human right, or a living wage as a human right is either Evil or an Idiot. There is simply no justification for it, other than greed or ignorance. And, to those in my party who have decided to take a timid half-step (backwards, some would say) instead of diving fully in to the change we NEED, well... I can only compare you to a fucking virus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment