Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Plague Journal #3

Letter from Boss

Aside from writing my father's eulogy, these are the hardest words I've ever put down on paper.

On Tuesday, the decision to close the doors was made to protect the safety of our team. Of course, guest's health and safety is important, but to me, nothing is as important as my family, which is my Mom, ____, ____, and of course, the ____ team, which has been my family for 30 years now.

Those who have chosen to know me more as a person and not just a person who signs the checks and deals with business matters know that transparency has always been the way I have chosen to work and run the business. People before profit.

That said, here are some facts:

Before leaving town on March__ all rent, phone bills, and other essential payments were made to our vendors, as always. That left us with the normal amount of money in the payroll account...as we expected to have bang-up weekends ahead which would pay the remainder of the payroll.

That did not happen. We did not expect the world, especially our hospitality driven city to come to a screeching halt. But it did. As we are a day-to-day business, all monies that come in, go right out to pay our staff and then our bills. It's been a tough few years, and profit has been slim to none. ___ has worked painstakingly to assist me in reorganizing our business plan moving forward. Then this...so all I can say is I hope ____ is able to reopen and have a future.

____ calculated the payroll from 2/16 - 2/29 as usual. As there is only the money that was previously in the bank, we have put everything into the payroll account, and you will each receive 72% of what your actual Net paycheck was calculated by ADP to be. (please see below)

s/b $1504.70   Paid $1083.39   Owed $421.31

That leaves the last payroll (3/1 - 3/17). With no income to the business, there is no output. I will be applying for SBA loans, every government stimulus package and grant allowed by law. Any monies that we are able to receive will go to paying you all FIRST (for this paycheck and the percentage of the last), and hopefully we will be able to open the doors again. We are not alone in this. This is a global crisis. It's a real thing.

Please know that this is not going to go away in a month. Our business is 70% travel based and I strongly believe this will unfortunately get worse before it gets better. But I am optimistic. If we are able to reopen, I'm sure it will be a slow process as it will certainly take the market time to recover. I hope you will understand that this is a time to support each other, not for anger. We are all totally confused and unaware of what is coming next.

Please keep each other in your thoughts as I will be keeping you in mine as I attempt to get assistance for our team.

Warmest regards,
______


"all rent, phone bills, and other essential payments were made to our vendors" ... "all monies that come in, go right out to pay our staff and then our bills." 

She also failed to mention that she had just returned from a cruise, which she left for during the outbreak. Where did that money come from, stupid? 

She has apparently left the country. 

At least I'm not peein' out the butt anymore... 

This is report #3, but I've been homebound for just under 2 weeks now. Go out once a day to walk, see what Spring grows, interpret confused facial expressions, drive evermore desolate arteries, make noise to intercept encroaching shotgun silence. 
Crave pickle juice, sickle cell anemia. Dreams of being a gun owner. Play bookshelf Tetris. Avoid too much technicolor brainrot. Blood city is clotted. McDonald's and CVS, basal Hobo Camp ganglia. 

4:17pm. Administered 1 Varenicline (0.5mg) dose orally. Quad Roses expected to last... Whatever good Islay Peat is left remains shelved for full collapse.  


No comments:

Post a Comment