Monday, November 21, 2016

Now what?

I finished the 2nd draft of my short horror novel tentatively titled How We Became This Thing, and have been looking around Goodreads and other forums for beta readers. I found one so far.

The book is only 45k words at the moment. Too long for a novella, and too short for a "proper" novel. Since reading it over for the fourth or fifth time before sending it to the beta reader, I came to the conclusion that it was shit. Utter garbage. The ending is awful and anticlimactic. All of the characters except for the protagonist are one dimensional. It's too damn short, or too damn long.

Then again, what do I know? Make the microscope bigger and bigger until you can find anything. I am already excited to write the next one, that's what it is. It is going to be Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment